The Alpine School Model’s (ASM) aim is to raise awareness about Alpine natural and cultural values by :
- Designing an innovative educational approach based on more interconnected, formal and non-formal territorial educational systems and orienting its methodological and organisational bases to education for sustainable development (ESD) and MOE model,
- Promoting youth participation in the political, social and economic life of the Alps, in particular “…fostering green skills with further development of training and academic programs” (Alpine Convention’s Sixth Report on the State of the Alps).
The Alpine School Model is a governance tool whose end purpose is to:
- be a recognized reference for specific values, aims and educational criteria,
- codify procedures to better coordinate formal and non-formal education,
- improve exchange within a specific network,
- valorise schools within specific certification procedures.