In early 2011, ALPARC (the Alpine Network of Protected Areas), CIPRA International (International Commission for the Protection of the Alps) and Educ’alpes (Network of Mountain Education in the Alps / FR) launched a joint reflection for the development of Mountain-Oriented Education throughout the Alpine arc.
This close collaboration concerned:
- the definition of a joint strategy around 2-3 priority themes
- the continuation of technical partnerships around emerging projects: programs, editions, …
- the study on the medium-term setting-up of a dynamic for an international Alpine mountain-oriented education network.
The three networks regularly exchanged and collaborated on several international projects, in particular on the theme of young people in the Alps: Youth Alpine Dialogue, Youth at the Top, etc.
In 2016, The “Educating Youth for the Alps – YOUrALPS” project was selected by the Alpine Space program, offering the possibility of setting up an international multi-partner project.
The project comprises:
- an analysis and actions concerning Alpine Mountain-oriented Education for young people
- the setting-up of an international Mountain-Oriented Network in the Alpine arc for all Alpine stakeholders
During 2017, a first version of the charter of the network is validated, a name and a logo is agreed between the YOUrALPS partners. An Internet platform -OurAlps web platform is launched including 4 discussion lists as a concrete tool to connect stakeholders in the environmental education field.
• ALPARC - Le Réseau Alpin des Espaces Protégés | Alpine Network of Protected Areas
• Educ’alpes, réseau d’éducation à la montagne alpine | Educ’alpes, network of alpine mountain education
• Asters, Conservatoire d'Espaces Naturels de Haute-Savoie | Asters, Conservatory of natural areas of Upper-Savoy
• EPLEFFA - Etablissement Public Local d'Enseignement et de Formations Professionnelles Agricoles de Chambéry – La Motte-Servolex | Local Public Establishment for Agricultural Education and Professional Training of Chambéry – La Motte-Servolex
• RL - Regione Lombardia - Direzione Generale Ambiente, Energia e Sviluppo Sostenibile | Directorate-General Environment, Energy and Sustainable Development
• FLA - Fondazione Lombardia per l’Ambiente | Lombardy Foundation for the Environment
• RMB - Regional management Burgenland GmbH | Regional Management Burgenland
• VNÖ - Verband der Naturparke Österreichs | Association of Austrian Nature Parks
• GEOUIBK - Institut für Geographie, Universität Innsbruck | Institute of Geography, University of Innsbruck
• UL - Univerza v Ljubljani | University of Ljubljana
• BC Naklo - Biotehniški center Naklo | Biotechnical centre Naklo
• NPB - Nationalparkverwaltung Berchtesgaden | National park administration Berchtesgaden