The main objectives of the international network of mountain-oriented education are:
- Connecting people
- Sharing and learning together
- Thinking, creating and producing together
- Shaping a collective framework / defining a common ‘Alpinity’
- Promoting / Representing
The network fulfills
- a technical function: linking actors, circulating information, advising professionals, building collective projects (events, publications, …), etc.
- a strategic function: to represent, promote, develop the sector, etc.
- a laboratory function: exploring, thinking, building common references, spreading experiences and ideas, etc.
To achieve its objectives, the international mountain-oriented education network carries out conventional networking activities such as:
- professional meetings: seminars, training sessions
- dissemination of information via web tools: Web platform, discussion lists, social networks
- joint projects: publication of practical guides or teaching materials, events, international initiatives
- promotion and development of all other activities related to the network’s objectives.
The network’s content and activities are focused on its purpose: mountains and the Alps.
These activities are put in place with, by and for Alpine actors using a bottom-up approach, based on a joint needs assessment.
Current Actions within the Interreg Alpine Space project YOUrALPS
- Alpine School Model
- Framework conditions analysis report on MoE